This course is designed for teachers with a desire to improve their skills on training new students. Teaching students who are new to yoga can be a challenging and overwhelming experience. Whether you’re teaching an ongoing introduction to yoga course, basic asana classes or want to learn to manage new students in a general class with more confidence, this module is for you. In this training you will learn invaluable insights, techniques and sequences. Through these lessons you will help the beginner student excel and stay interested in the practice of yoga.
This module has 25 CEC. These CEC may be applied to a 300-hour or 500-hour accreditation through Tejas Yoga.
Please note: For this module there is a 15-person maximum and 5-person minimum. You must register one week prior to the start of the program or have a deposit down of $100 to reserve your space.
If the course is canceled due to low attendance, you will be notified 7 days prior to the start date and will receive a full refund.
Technique Training/Practice: 7.5 hours
Practice will include:
- Applicable exercises that will assist you, as the teacher, to return to a beginner’s mindset
- Cultivating a keen perspective of the basic postures
- Practical uses of props, partners and the space around you
- Application of breathing and meditation techniques
- Experience of effective and balanced sequencing
Theory/Philosophy: 7.5 hours
Topics will include:
- Safe and efficient class planning
- Understanding strengths and weaknesses
- Demystifying the subtle
- Challenging the student
- Creating a safe environment
- Introducing philosophy into the classroom
- The classification of group classes
Methodology/Practicum: 5 hours
Topics will include:
- Lessons in creating effective preparatory exercises
- Preparation of competent, inspiring sequences
- Introduction to prostrations/sun salutations
- Methods in the introduction of breathing techniques
- Methods in the introduction of meditation techniques
Additional Hours will include:
$425 early bird (paid in full 30 days before start date)
$500 if paid within 30 days of start date
A $100 non-refundable deposit will reserve your space. Call 312-386-9642 or register online.