In this 5-day module we will focus on how to practice and teach many of the advanced poses in yoga safely, effectively, and efficiently. You will learn how to create a challenging practice for yourself and become more confident leading students through a sequence of complicated postures and techniques in a classroom or private setting. This training will also place emphasis on maintaining physical integrity while cultivating the mental clarity that defines yoga.
Please note: For this module there is a 12-person maximum and 5-person minimum. You must register one week prior to the start of the program or have a deposit down of $100 to reserve your space.
If the course is canceled due to low attendance, you will be notified 7 days prior to the start date and will receive a full refund.
Technique Training/Practice: 7.5 hours
Morning practice will emphasize:
Practice of asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, meditation, visualization
- A physical practice to work towards a specific advanced asana(s)
- Pranayama to calm the nervous system
- Practice of mudras and bandhas for internal support and stabilization
- Demonstration of advanced asana and/or vinyasas
- Meditation and visualization techniques
Theory/Philosophy: 7.5 hours
Topics will include:
- The history of hatha yoga and asana practice
- Tantric philosophy
- Components of an intelligent sequence
- Exploring the use of bandhas
- Incorporating ayurvedic principles within an advanced asana class
Methodology/Practicum: 15 hours
Afternoon session will include:
- Practice of asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, meditation and visualization
- Building advanced, intelligent classes for different directions of mobility
- Techniques to assist in progression
- Safe and practical adjusting techniques
- Identifying limitations in yourself and others
Additional Hours will include:
$500 early bird (paid in full 30 days before start date)
$600 if paid within 30 days of start date
A $100 non-refundable deposit will reserve your space. Call 312-386-9642 or register online by clicking the button below.