This course is designed for teachers with some anatomy experience. The module will place an emphasis on the importance of observing imbalances in student’s structures and leave with a deeper understanding of how the body works. Students will comprehend the relationship of tension in one part of the body to a weakness in another. The final realization being that no part is separate from the whole.
This module has 30 CEC. These CEC may be applied to a 300-hour or 500-hour accreditation through Tejas Yoga.
Please note: For this module there is a 12-person maximum and 5-person minimum. You must register one week prior to the start of the program or have a deposit down of $100 to reserve your space.
If the course is canceled due to low attendance, you will be notified 7 days prior to the start date and will receive a full refund.
The training will be held Monday through Saturday, 1:30-5:30 p.m. with the exception of an off-site training day at a local cadaver lab (date/time TBA). The students will meet at Tejas and carpool to the lab. There will be a 1 1/2 hour break for lunch and then everyone will reconvene at Tejas at 1:30 pm. Saturday’s hours will be from 1:30-5:30 p.m.
- Jobs Body by Deane Juhan
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga by H. David Coulter
- Trail Guide to Anatomy by Andrew Biels
This training is limited to 15 students.
Technique Training/Practice: 5.0 hours
Practice will include:
- Practical exercises that bring deeper awareness to various muscle group and bones
- Postures that will create openness, awareness and strength
- Practice to demonstrate relationship of muscle groups
- Functional application of muscle and bone knowledge
- Application of breathing techniques
Theory/Philosophy: 7.5 hours
Topics will include:
- Mechanics of breath
- Review of muscles and bones
- Exploring the nervous system
- Exploring the articular system and fascia
- Working toward visualizing structure
Methodology/Practicum: 12 hours
Topics will include:
- Techniques to learn what the surface says about the depths
- Practical exercises such as: Assembling a complete skeleton, forming muscles from clay and inserting muscles onto the skeleton
- Investigating real bones
Additional Hours will include:
- Lab hours
$500 early bird (paid in full 30 days before start date)
$600 if paid within 30 days of start date
A $100 non-refundable deposit will reserve your space. Call 312-386-9642 or register online.