This program is designed to assist students of yoga in accelerating the development of their health, well-being, stability, and spiritual pursuits. The Tejas Yoga Assisted Sadhana Program gives you the opportunity to:
- Obtain more in-depth instruction regarding postures, breathwork, and concentration techniques
- Develop a unique and effective practice for your specific constitution and needs
- Create more proficiency in your regular practice
- Gain awareness of movement patterns and imbalances through the observations of a trained and experienced teacher
- Help your physical practice evolve through hand-on assists
- Attain insight regarding concentration and meditation techniques
- Receive the benefits of dedicating more time to your spiritual development
- Draw on the support of others participating in the program in the continuing group self-practices
How does it work?
First you will have a consultation with your teacher. Here is when you’ll have time to go over some of your history, current concerns, and aspirations. As the teacher better understands not only your desires, but your needs, an appropriate regular practice will be discussed and formulated.
After having an initial consultation with your teacher you will meet for your first private session. This session will encompass an in-depth, personal, guided practice with space for questions and discussion. The length and details of the practice will be determined by you and your teacher.
You will then begin to utilize the 4-week access to the guided self practice hours hosted on Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30am to 8:30am. In these classes you will have the presence of a teacher (currently James on Tuesday and Jim on Thursday) while you practice on your own. Your teacher will continue to offer suggestions, apply physical adjustments where needed, and provide feedback as necessary. Although both days are available for practice, we ask you to engage the teacher you’ve consulted with so that all students can have sufficient access to their teacher during these designated guided practice hours.
Over time we expect this program to develop and grow in participation. As it does, we will be open to expanding the practice times to other days and hours.
Your followup private session can be determined by you and your teacher.
You choose the teacher.
Although Jim and James are initiating the program, other teachers may be available to participate in the program. Ask Jim or James if the teacher you’d like to work with is able to work with you.
Am I a good candidate for the program?
This program is designed for a wide range of practitioners. From beginner students to seasoned practitioners, each student will have to opportunity to assist in developing a self-practice that’s appropriate for them. We hope the time you spend working with your teacher will prove to be inspiring and help evolve the knowledge you’re bringing into the first session.
To start, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you feel you have reached a plateau in your physical practice?
- Are you uncertain as to how to move forward with your practice?
- Do you have the desire to immerse yourself in hatha yoga, tantra, or ayurveda?
- Would you like to become more confident practicing postures and breathing techniques on your own?
- Are there aspects of yoga you have questions about and would like to understand more deeply?
- Would you like more quality time with one particular teacher?
If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions, the Assisted Sadhana Program can provide what you’re looking for. It’s always best to speak with Jim or James about the program and ask directly if you’re uncertain or have further questions.
For an additional $75, you can partake in an ayurvedic assessment. This assessment utilizes the knowledge of ayurveda, a holistic approach to health and longevity rooted in that concept that we are all unique composites of the elements and their qualities.
Current Teachers Participating
Self Practice Hours
- Tuesday: 6:30am-8:30am with James
- Thursday: 6:30am-8:30am with Jim
What you get:
- initial consultation
- two private yoga sessions
- 4-week access to the studio both Tuesday and Thursday morning from 6:30a-8:30am (doors lock at 6:45am) These weeks MUST be consecutive. No exceptions or make-up sessions. The concept is to provide an initial immersion experience. The teacher or studio is not responsible for weeks missed.
What happens next?
Continuing access to the self-practice days will be a $50/month membership fee where you can continue to be guided by your teacher on the particular day they are monitoring the class.
Interested in Signing Up?
Call 312-386-9642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org