components and required hours
Technique: 140 hours: Analytical training, how to teach and practice the techniques and guided practice of the techniques themselves.
- Samyama (Meditation)
Teaching Methodology: 35 hours. Learning and applying principles and skills.
- Learning and applying teaching skills
- Principles of demonstrating and correcting
- Teaching styles and sequencing
- Class observation
Anatomy/Physiology: 28 hours. Study and application in relation to the practice of yoga.
- Human anatomy
- Bodily systems and functions
- Energetic anatomy (chakras and nadis)
Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle/Ethics: 20 hours. Study, discuss, apply, experience and contemplate.
Practicum: 15 hours. Practice teaching, receiving feedback, observation, assisting.
- Community class
- Assisting in a community class
Elective: 12 hours. Learn more of what you love from the components/workshops offered.
- Karma Yoga
- Women’s Health