Balanced digestion is the cornerstone of good health in ayurvedic medicine. And balanced digestion starts with balanced nutrition. Step outside the bounds of fad diets and reductionist science to learn the ancient wisdom of ayurvedic nutrition.
Ayurveda is an old medicine, so the sages did not measure nutritional content in fats, proteins, carbohydrates, sugars, vitamins, or minerals. Instead, they were guided by taste and quality.
This workshop will explore how to discern the six tastes as defined by ayurveda and discuss why nutrition is not a one-size-fits-all approach.
In this workshop, we will:
- Analyze the six tastes of ayurveda
- Understand food guidelines for doshic type and season
- Explore the concepts of food combining and digestibility
- Integrate the importance of lifestyle and routine with digestive health
- Discuss popular diet approaches through the lens of ayurveda
This workshop is open to all but will assume introductory knowledge of ayurveda. If you are new to ayurveda or you would like a more in-depth review, please attend James Tennant’s Ayurveda 101 workshop on Saturday, March 11, 2017.