Pranayama is a fascinating and powerful form of yoga practice. It involves the skillful harnessing of breath and attention to increase vitality, shift mental states, and prepare for contemplative practices like meditation. In this workshop, we’ll demystify the theory that drives pranayama and introduce gentle techniques that are accessible at any level of experience.
- Discuss and clarify theory of foundational pranayama
- Practice a range of techniques with ample time to feel and document their effects
- Explore the use of basic asana and vinyasa to prepare for seated practice
- Share personal insights and obstacles as a group to enhance collective understanding
- Leave with a clear vision of how to cultivate a regular pranayama practice
Please wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to take notes. This workshop is intended for practitioners of all levels and ranges of experience.